Sunday, December 28, 2008

2008 in review

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? Used a crutch (an actual, physical crutch).
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Not so much. I will make more, but they will be a bit different this year. Stay tuned.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Don't remember any, but I was wrong last year too.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Went to a few funerals this year.
5. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? More drive to do my best every day.
6. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Stepping into my own business.
7. What was your biggest failure? Not managing that business as well as I would have liked.
8. Did you suffer illness or injury? My little toe. My knees.
9. What was the best thing you bought? Best things this year were either ideas or they were free.
10. Where did most of your money go? Target. Daycare.
12. What did you get really, really, really excited about? the free dresser I found up the street
13. What song will always remind you of 2008? So What by Pink
14. Compared to this time last year, are you a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Same/Same/Same
15. What do you wish you’d done more of? Taking care of myself.
16. What do you wish you’d done less of? Griping.
17. What was your favorite TV program? Gary Unmarried
18. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate last year? No.
19. What was the best book you read this year? In the Woods by Tana French
20. What was your greatest musical discovery? I don't really discover music as much as "jump on the bandwagon".
21. What was your favorite film this year? Not sure I saw one in the theater.
22. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Just letting go and getting on with it.
23. What kept you sane? Sane?
24. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I'm kind of over that.
25. What political issue stirred you the most? The entire election.
26. Who was the best new person you met? My whole last training class at work. It was more fun than I've had in a while.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Shelly on Celebrity Rehab said, "I can tell the ones who are willing to do whatever it takes and the ones who are willing to do what they think it should take, and I've been at this too long to think they will succeed." I have long suspected this of myself, but never knew how to put it into words.
28. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. So what! I'm still a rock star, I've got my rock moves.

7 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

You kind of missed a birth again... No me... But you know, someone else you know quite well...

Pusher said...

I'll give you a hint on the birth thing: Even I know you missed one. And you know how much I suck at keeping track of/remembering these things...

Pusher said...

Also? I've never even *heard* of Gary Unmarried. But "let go and get on with it" ... those are some words to live by.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ok, I stole your meme & did it because it was way more fun that all the unpacking, laundry, etc. that I really SHOULD be doing. But, hey, such is life.

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to steal this for my blog too. An easy way to review the past year, I keep intending to make a post about it....

The Sexy Blonde said...

Yeah, you maybe forgot about one birth that happened to happen this year -- but you were totally there for us before, during, and after it happened :-)

Syl said...

Ok, so I'm really bad at recap. Some of you might remember I tend to fold like a cheap suit under pressure.