Saturday, December 20, 2008

And the snow keeps falling, falling, falling, falling...

Wanted to get the kids out to see Santa today (I know, 4 days from Christmas, SHUT UP), but the snow just keeps coming and I don't know if it's a good idea to drive to the mall.

So we're back to cleaning and decorating for the holiday. I will be posting separately about doing Martha on the cheap, so I'll leave that one for now.

Pants is out snowblowing to stay ahead of the inches. I took the girls out to play in the snow earlier, but it's pretty cold out and Meimei is too small to walk through the snow in the yard. I put her on the Tot sled, but that just caused a fight because Kitten wanted a ride too and she's too heavy for me to keep pulling. So we went back inside despite a wicked fit, courtesy of Meimei. And now I can't find the old bottle drying rack to put their hats and mittens on. I was really proud of that idea, too.

Oh well, back to the grind. My husband described our house as an "eyesore" this afternoon, so I guess there's some work to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Eww. Snow is no fun. The kids went sledding today but it just started snowing here. Tried to visit Santa at Walmart but he wasn't there today. Hey, better late than never right? I guess great minds think alike!

DiploWhat said...

Why can't the kids visit Santa late? The closer to his flight, the more likely he is to remember what you asked for (compared to some kid that asked him like a month ago), right? Makes sense to me.
Wish we had snow. Just kind of cold and very polluted here (unless it's windy in which case the pollution isn't bad but it's colder). =(

Jaysan said...

Wow, I didn't know you could negotiate with her???