Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A disturbing reminder of why I don't host holidays...

Quite honestly, the Martha Stewart in me surfaces and by the time the day comes, I'm practically remodeling.

Pants and MIL agreed that the solution to Christmas issues this year is to have it at our house. Which I fully agreed to before he talked to her. And it's fine, it really is.

Except that now nothing in my house is right and there's tons of decorating I want to do and I have a feeling my living room is going to look like a herd of elves crapped Christmas.

Why oh why can't I ever just throw out a plate of crackers and cheese and call it good?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. I can totally relate, I've been there more times that I care to admit to.

No one will notice the decor, they're there to see you and the kids. To add to the festive Christmas cheer you could have the girls color some Christmas pictures (or at least scribble using red and green crayons). I have found that child art always seems to attract attention and no one can complain about the decorating style either. You make the kids feel proud that you're displaying their work, you won't stress out over not enough decor, and to make things even better they can even place the pictures. That way you really didn't decorate so you've got nothing to stress over. It does get easier the longer you've been a parent. (Well, in SOME ways anyway....)

Allknowingjen said...

Heh- I do that too. And my inner-Martha is really bitchy too. No one else can do it right so the husband might as well not even help. *sigh*
Draw a line now and then just decide not to cross it. No one notices like you do. Really. No not even that.