Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let's take a moment to not bash Christmas

MIL is still not speaking to us and it looks like we will be wholly alone for the holidays this year. Not exactly what I was wishing for, but whatever.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Depends on the family, the size and shape of the gift. I prefer to wrap, but I'll do bags.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. I love real trees, but Pants and I are far too lazy to go out and get one.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Supposed to be this weekend, but the plan was for MIL to watch the kids today...
4. When do you take the tree down?
March?
5. Do you like eggnog?
I can't get over the name - it just sounds gross.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My stuffed ewok the year Jedi came out. I still have that and it's awesome.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My stepmother. I just don't want to get it wrong, you know?
8. Easiest person to buy for?
kids and Pants. I'm constantly finding stuff for them and have to step it back.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
I do. Despite my ambivalence, it was never Christmas at home until we put it up.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. I don't really the act of filling them out and mailing them, but I like to get them in the mail, so I do it.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't really think of any.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
White Christmas - where else do they use the term "weirdsmobile"?
Love Actually - I'm dying that I don't own it and I have to wait until the 20th to Tivo it.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I buy stuff whenever if it's on sale and seems like a good fit.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I don't think so
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Cookies.
16. Lights on the tree?
Prelit is the only way to go.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
I'll be home for Christmas
All I want for Christmas is You
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
See previous post.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
You better believe it.
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star?
The last few years the tree has been in the basement and it's too tall. I had to bend the top over so I bought a big decorative bow to hide it.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We haven't completely decided yet. We've been doing morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
See previous post.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
My tree is red white and blue with Santas and snowmen.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
Ham.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Family peace? Acceptance of new traditions? I don't think Santa can fit that stuff in his bag.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww. She'll come around I'm sure, it just may take some time. Let's hope it doesn't get counted in years though, huh? Video tape the girls opening their gifts and send them a Christmas video, wouldn't that thaw anyone's heart? Who'd want to miss that????