Sunday, December 28, 2008

Resolutions 2009

I read an article (and you know how they say when the student is ready, the teacher appears) and it said that instead of trying to fix yourself or your life, instead of focusing on corrections, it might be nice to spend a year extending yourself, challenging yourself, creating experiences.

So my resolutions this year, instead of the standard lose weight/clean the house/save money, are these...

1. Schedule one day per month that I do something really fun with the kids, stuff we always talk about doing. I'm going to put together a jar of things to do and we'll pick one out each time.
2. Schedule 2 hours per week for myself - no TV, no kids. Whatever else I want (including Wii Fit).
3. Schedule 1 date per month with my husband. Daytime, evening, whatever time we can squeeze out of our lives.

So that's it. Those are my resolutions. Am I trying to change some things and make myself better, my home better, my family happier? Yes. Am I trying to lay out some plans? Yes. But my real resolutions are these.

This year, instead of taking away, instead of critiquing, I am adding. I am expanding.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those sound like good resolutions to me! They actually sound much better than the loose weight type resolutions too.

Allknowingjen said...

Hmm... I really like this idea

DiploWhat said...

Sounds good to me - and will make the entire family better off by making yourself better off. Good combo!