Sunday, August 12, 2007

Random Thoughts

One day, 15 years from now, this house will actually be what we want.

I will be building a master bedroom suite above my garage. Probably years from now, but it will be done. Oh yes, it will be done.

I pulled up Kitten's hair today into a top-pony - the cute little Pebbles thing. And now I know why every mother in history has done this to her daughter. There is no other way to keep the hair out of their eyes. Cute, though.

We brought the water table out front today while we were painting, but Kitten took the bucket and dumped water all over herself in a disturbing Flashdance facsimile. She was wet from head to toe, but only in the front. Her back was completely dry.

We got the remainder of the house primed today. The color of the garage isn't exactly what we thought, but it's not different enough to go buy another color and do it again. It's probably just such a change that we're not used to it yet.

By the way, I hate the previous owners. While we spent time meticulously taping before painting, it became clear that they hadn't.

I didn't get done nearly what I wanted to this weekend - I wanted to fix my closet and clear off the table, but neither of those things got done. We did get through massive amounts of laundry though, enough so that we're out of hangers until I can fix my closet. I think the remaining hangars are buried in the debris in my closet.

I'm pretty sure that the urban legend that you can get STDs from toilet seats came from people assuring their partners that it must be true, how else could they have gotten it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you on the not getting as much done as you wanted to. I don't think I've ever gotten everything checked of my to do list. Guess it will happen one day. Last thing on the list, keel over -- Check!

Anonymous said...

I wish I had done more ponys for the little one when she was a toddler. She hates it when I put them in now because she has too many snarls for me to comb out.

I still don't get everything done and my kids are old enough to just check in on occassionally, mediate arguments, and throw them some food every once in a while. I just don't think I'll ever get everything done that I want to do! If only I could convince them to help out for 15 or more minutes....

Allknowingjen said...

Oh I see! THAT'S where Attila learned that Flashdance move from! Your Kitten is a bad bad influence on my innocent little girl! ;) hee hee
What color(s) are you painting? I'm so with ya on the "this will be the perfect house in 15-20 years" and also on the master suite addition thing. Someday. sigh

Anonymous said...

You know I've been thinking about the whole idea that any house will ever be perfect and I have come to a conclusion. I don't know if any house is EVER perfect. I mean you fix up things you really don't like with what you like now, right? What's to say that you'll still like what you did 5 years from now? I mean, it's happened to me! More often than I care to admit.