Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sleep, damn you!

I have finally, reluctantly, come to the conclusion that my second child is not nearly the sleeper my first one is. Kitten? In bed, soundly, for over an hour. Meimei? Happily tromping around the livingroom.

In order to sleep through the night, however, we have discovered, after many agonizing months, that this one needs to go to bed later. Kitten needed to go to bed by 6 p.m. to sleep through at this age. Meimei needs to stay up until 8:30 or so to sleep through. I guess it's a full night through, but I kinda miss my evening after 7:30 when both kids were sleeping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How old is she now? I'm sorry time goes so fast I can barely remember how old my own kids are...

Does she still take two or more naps? Maybe you could think about loosing a nap? It makes for a longer nap AND earlier bedtime...

Syl said...

She's almost a year. She's basically down to one nap, and it's almost always shorter than Kitten's. She doesn't seem to need as much sleep.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she'll need more sleep once she is older and more active??? One can only hope!