Friday, August 10, 2007

Thoughts in Home Depot

"None of these lights match the ones I got from Target on clearance last year, when I miscounted and thought there were only two on the outside. Damn. No love."

"Would it be wrong to design a bathroom around the tile?"

"I know Pants doesn't think we're spending this much on cabinets when we redo the kitchen, but we are so spending this much."

"Sectioned lazy-susan corner cabinets where the sections each pull out for closer viewing? Brilliant!" [Truly, check it out.]

"Maybe Pants needs a compressor kit for Christmas this year. I have some projects I need to get done..."

"Do we need more paint roller-heads?"

"Alas, pretty kitchens, I must go. One day you will be mine..."

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Question #2 - No. Absolutely not.
Addendum - Also not wrong to design a bathroom around a wonderful whirlpool tub.

(*sigh* I'd love a nice bathroom. Maybe someday!)

Syl said...

I have a small kitchen today, but when it comes time to redo, things are going wiggety-huge. I know Ikea is cheaper, but I have some issues, like the plate racks that don't come in any sort of matching colors. And the lack of 9" cabinets...

Anonymous said...

#1- Are they all together on the same side of the house? If not, similar colors would do...
#2- It never occurred to me to question that. Hmm.

I design aroung existing features all the time! Now, if I could only justify getting rid of a perfectly good, almost brand new standup corner shower for a nice jetted corner tub....