Thursday, August 16, 2007

The return of infant leprosy

Some of you may recall, from my other (now defunct) website, that Kitten went through a few days about a year and a half ago where she developed a very funky rash - so bad it was the only time we were ever called to come pick her up from daycare. And if we hadn't taken her to the clinic that night, I certainly would have rushed her in the next morning - it got even worse.

This rash was what is know as a "fever rash", which apparently is a way for a virus to be expelled through the body. But it looks diseased. Illin'. Leprous.

Meimei had a fever over 101 Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, and today, when we picked her up - there they were. The beginnings of the leprosy that panicked me last year. On the back of her neck, her forehead, starting on her arms. My kid will look plague-ridden for days.

I'm so getting pictures this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it nice when you know what things are and don't feel like panicing any more? That's what's nice about having more than one child. Experience really is the best teacher.

Happy Veggie said...

I want pictures.. so I don't freak.