Monday, October 06, 2008

More Random Thoughts

Discovered the day after my show I have a half-dollar size bruise on my left arm just below my elbow where my half-assed rigging of equipment rubbed somewhere during between the parking garage and hotel suite. Bummer, dude.

It's vacation week for daycare so I'm home today and tomorrow with the girlies. Today we went to the zoo and then baked an apple crisp with Kitten while Meimei napped. When she got up, she helped us.

And then Kitten fell off the chair she was standing on. Twice. And later burned her finger trying to make sure that baking pan I told her was hot was actually hot. Granted, she's not exactly genetically predispositioned to be an Olympic athlete, but dang, girl.

Other than that, excellent day. Perfect day at the zoo, great weather and very few people. I was able to let the girls walk around inside the animal buildings and on the "cat walk". After clawing at my leg upon seeing the lion pair in the glass enclosure sleeping in the Large Cat building, Meimei was very brave and roared at the lion pair out in the enclosure from the walk. Yes, very brave indeed from the upper walk. When the cats were at eye level, not so much.

2 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Penguin's that way about dogs. Dogs 5 yards away = very interesting & reach toward them. Dogs closer and at eye level = scary!

Yay for the zoo. It's so nice to be able to do some of that stuff not on the weekends/school breaks 'cuz it's so much quieter.

Unknown said...

Hopefully the poor girl won't end up being dubbed class clutz! It CAN be outgrown, can't it?

Glad to hear the day went well for you. Mine wasn't as nice as yours, but I'm sure you don't want to hear about the 2 and a half hour long scream fest induced by asking Peanut to eat either peas or spaghetti.