Sunday, October 12, 2008

Project day

I planned to go to an orchard with the kiddos today, but one of the cousins probably has strep so they backed out, and MIL didn't want to go with the threat of rain, so we didn't. But, hoody-ho, MIL offered to take the kids all day WITHOUT ME.

So I threw some clothes on the kids and ran them over to MIL's. AND THEN LEFT.

I never do this. Never. If we go to MIL's, I stay and help. It's nice to get out of the house and it's nice to have extra hands. I just feel guilty - they're my kids and I can't just dump them on people when I'm done for the day. But she insisted. She insisted.

So I agreed to it - and oh, the full day of doing and not doing. I forget what it was like to actually get things done.
  • Hung new blind in our room - replaced the matchstick blind you can totally see right through at night when the light is on in the room.
  • Hung new curtain on office window facing the walking path.
  • Put separators in my new underwear drawer (it's an actual drawer! Not a basket, a drawer!)
  • Cleaned the tub and did some patch-caulking. I am afraid the entire tub will need recaulking and I think the tiles all need to be pulled and replaced. Although it looks like they might have been once already.
  • Removed the shelf and closet rod from the closet underneath the stairs. Started reorganizing my office and my products. Now I won't run forehead-first into the shelf again. I can actually stand up in there.
  • Also purchased and put together a rolling rack for my office supplies - I can pull it out when I need to do business or just get my backorders in the mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sure, tell the world about the see through blind AFTER you change it out... I see how it - OH WAIT, I DON'T!

-Creepy Neighbor No 1

Unknown said...

Isn't it great to be able to get things done? The first time my MIL took the kids I actually felt guilty and I cried. Now I enjoy having time for myself. I get so much done, less stressed because work got done and kids are happy because I have time to do stuff with them instead of working all of the time. Let's face it, sometimes an occassional dumping off of kids is well deserved and it's a win-win situation.