Tuesday, November 04, 2008

2067

I was voter 2067 in my ward this afternoon.

And dang, were they organized. One judge out in the hall stopping folks who needed to register so they could start outside the melee. Switch-back lines so everyone could wait inside the gym in an orderly fashion (middle school, you know). Line directors at the front to show people to open polling stations and to allow people a bit of privacy while they fed their ballot into the machine.

In all, it took about 20 minutes for me to do it all. With an additional 100 people milling through the process. Brilliant.

Oh, and I so love that there is one precinct reporting in for Maine right now - with a total of 3 votes. If I could extrapolate that to the entire Presidential election, I would be a happy girl.

2 comments:

Kashka said...

I was 40, at 7:15 a.m. Would've been lower than that, but a woman in front of me in the N-S line kept insisting that this was her proper polling place, so why wasn't she on the list? Oops, wrong church....But I thought the volunteer handled it really well.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I got a kick out of that 2 to 1 Main report, too. Kept thinking it must be an error. Who has only 3 people vote in a precinct?