Monday, November 10, 2008

The best of times, the worst of times

High School Meme

1 Who was your best friend? Bonnie

2 What high school sports did you play? My nickname was Tennis the Menace.

3 What kind of car did you drive? Huffy. Okay, it wasn't even a Huffy, it was a Coast King.

4 It's Friday night, where were you? School dance in the cafeteria.

5 Were you a party animal? Not so much.

6 Were you considered a flirt. Depends on who you ask, and which year.

7 Were you in band, orchestra or choir? Band, totally. Only popular kids were in choir.

7b Any other extracurriculars? Theater, Science Club, Knowledge Bowl, Marching and Pep Band.

8 Were you a nerd? Um... yeah.

9 Did you get suspended/expelled? I got detention once, does that count?

10 Can you sing the fight song? Sorry, it's been replaced by the MN Rouser.

11 Who was your favorite teacher? Jep, Garm, Olson, Cushman

12 School mascot? Redmen, Cougars (for a summer), then Magic. It was a whole drama because we had to change it, for reasons that are very clear to me now.

13 Did you go to Prom? Twice I think.

14 If you could go back and do it over, would you? Not so much.

15 What do you remember most about graduation? How stinkin' hot it was in the gym.

16 Where were you on senior skip day? We didn't have one and were promised a trip to Valley Fair in exchange.

17 Did you have a job your senior year? Yep - kitchen duty at the nursing home down the road.

18 Where did you go most often for lunch? The Commons area - where the hamburgers and fries were located.

19 Have you gained weight since then? You think?

20 What did you do after graduation? College.

21 When did you graduate? Class of '92

22 Who was your senior prom date? Jay.

23 Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion? I couldn't bear the thought of answering 100+ people asking if I had kids when I had just had my third miscarriage.

24 Who was your homeroom teacher? Last one I remember is 7th grade, Mr. Dornfeld.

25 Who will repost this after you? Some other band geek, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I'm geek enough, but I think I'll have to wait a few days since I just posted another thing.

I don't miss those days at all. Well, except the times we spent together. I miss that.