Tuesday, November 04, 2008

And they all breathed a collective sigh of relief...

I don't know when the last time was that I could say I was proud of my country.

Tonight I can actually hear the country breathe. I feel the negativity of the last month lifting. Hearing McCain's concession was like a weight lifting - positive and gracious, for once in this whole election (from anyone).

And listening to Obama now is like listening to my best friend. He's got my best interests at heart, but he's going to tell me the truth, even if it hurts.

I don't know how this is going to turn out over the next 4 years - it's proving time for the Dems. No one knows what's going to happen. But for one night, I am proud to be an American again.

5 comments:

Pusher said...

What you said.

DiploWhat said...

Let's just hope they don't blow it. Lord knows although they've already had a majority in Congress, they sure haven't done anything helpful. No excuses now!

Anonymous said...

Yipee!

Anonymous said...

Yipee!

Allknowingjen said...

I feel like a weight has been lifted. I hope it lasts :)