Monday, November 10, 2008

Potty talk

"I go on the school bus when I'm five. But I can't go bus if, if, if, if, if... I can't wear a diaper."
"Yeah, you can't go to school until you wear big girl pants."
"I know."
"Are you afraid to go in the potty, honey?"
"Yeah."
"What do you think would help?"
"Um, um, um, I think a princess potty."
"Oh, you could go in a princess potty?"
"Yeah. I need a princess potty."

Honestly, people, I would pay the kid $100 if it meant she would go. Why oh why don't children take checks?

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Do what you have to do Mama ;)
http://tinyurl.com/4aae58

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I sense a Princess Potty Party in the future! "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day" = great book for when they CAN go potty, but you need an oomph to get them into the officially-done-with-diapers category.

Unknown said...

Okay, so go to the store and get a cheap potty chair (unless you already have one), some paint for plastic that's "prinsess-y" and paint it. Add a crown and voila you've got a prinecc potty. Might I add buying some princess underwear as an added incentive? It's worked in the past!

She should be old enough by now to just do it if she wants to, so it's just a matter of finding something that motivates her. Good luck. If you want any more tips feel free to ask. I've potty trained over 50 kids so I feel like somewhat of an expert on the subject if there is such a thing....

DiploWhat said...

My mom still talks about what a wunderkindt I was when it came to potty training. Before she gave me a bath one time she put me on the toilet. Done. Never had to do it again. That was my last major accomplishment, mind you. Guess I used up all my wunderkindt status on pee.