Saturday, November 08, 2008

Random Thoughts

I read yesterday that Rick Astley is enjoying a surge in popularity due to "Rickrolling," where seemingly unrelated internet links bring surfers back to a video of "Never Gonna Give You Up." I have yet to experience this, but I felt an immediate surge of nostalgia for a person who shall remain nameless, unless such person wishes to out himself/herself in the comments.

Our great state is in the midst of the closest Senate race in MN's history. The votes separating Al Franken (D) and Norm Coleman (R), the incumbent, which started at 700-ish Wednesday, is now down to 221. Much focus is being placed on the "undervote," or 25,000 ballots that registered a vote for president, but not for the Senate race. Overwhelmingly, the undervotes have favored Obama. There are also 8900 ballots that didn't register a vote for President, which concerns election officials for such a closely-watched race. These 33,000 ballots will be reviewed by election officials to see if there was an intent to vote that didn't get read by the machines. Although the count is down to 221 votes, this race is totally up in the air with 33,000 ballots out there to read. Even if it's already looking good for the democrats.

I went into the Minute Clinic on Tuesday for the pressure in my ears (got a flu shot and the pnuemonia vaccine too). She said they were full of fluid, but not infected yet. They might be infected now, but I'm not sure. I know they're still full.

In other medical news, my podiatry appointment is finally coming up on Tuesday. I had thought about cancelling it after the horrific itching stopped, but I think I will go anyway and just get another opinion.

I should really stop watching HGTV, it just makes me want to do stuff that costs money.

3 comments:

DiploWhat said...

Funny that you bring this up as I was going to make it a blog toppic myself, but I think Clay Aiken is Rick Astley's love child. They look just way too much alike!

Unknown said...

That is a close race. I haven't heard anything about it in a while though so I had thought I just missed out on the results.

I used to watch HGTV all the time too, but I have finally gained a control on my urge to do projects right now. I still write down my ideas but I wait for 6 months, if it still seems like a good idea it gets added to my to-do list. If I wonder what in the world I was thinking when I thought that sounded like such a fantastic idea I thank my tendancy to procrastinate for saving me a wad of money and time!

Kashka said...

Well, I, for one, am never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna run around and desert you....

Although I always fancied "She Wants to Dance With Me" more.

My latest post is a bit of nostalgia you'll enjoy.