Sunday, November 02, 2008

Oh, the leaves

We had fun trick or treating - although we didn't go to a lot of houses and things got a bit manic toward the end. Kitten was wandering in a drunken stupor from house to house and Meimei was running like a crazed monkey. She even tried to turn back to some houses we just finished at. That's 2-year-old logic - hey, we know they have candy, why move on to the next one?

Saturday we started raking after Pants nearly broke the mower trying to mulch up the backyard. Apparently we have to stay on top of it a bit better next year. I should have some pretty groovy pictures when I locate the camera.

This evening we started bagging the leaves. Worst. Job. Ever.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOL! I have some great halloween stories about my kids I should share some time too. Kids!

Bagging leaves? I don't bother. Run them over with the lawn mower a couple of times, leave them where they are, and use them for natural lawn mulch. Much less expensive than bagged fertilizer and better for the environment too. If there are way too many leaves, Cheesehead runs the lawn mower with the bagger and we dump all of the extra leaves in my new compost pile.