Thursday, January 25, 2007

2 slice limit

We've had to start a maximum of 2 pieces of cheese so Kitten will eat other foods. She has actually taken it well, although she is sure to get both slices in - there will be no skimping on the cheese.

We think she is starting to get her 2-year molars, though. We're grasping at straws here, as she has been a quivering mass of screaming fury and uncontrollable confusion every night this week (except, oddly, tonight). So we're hoping it's the teeth, and not the onset of the terrible twos. Which we imagine will be even more terrible with this little piece of work.

Meimei is a bit ill, although we really just figured it out today. She's become quite easy-going and it's hard to tell when she's unhappy. She hasn't been able to sleep alone, but she has slept just fine with me this week. I put some Vicks Baby rub on her tonight and she conked out immediately - open mouth and everything. But I put her in the crib and she lasted less than 20 minutes. I picked her back up and she was out again. When this is over, I fear trying to get her back into her own bed. Hopefully she'll be sleeping alone before she goes to high school.

So that's the new around el Casa del Pants. I am feeling better and went to work today. Nothing else in the house has broken (well, that's not true, I dropped something onto the child-proof covers and broke one of the stove knobs, and the little soap door on the dishwasher isn't opening during the cycle again), but Pant's car isn't starting so great. I hate that piece of crap. But my car is lovely, thank you. The kids have car seats, toys and clothes, there's a small amount of food in the fridge (but only because I haven't been shopping, not because we can't afford it), it hasn't snowed enough to make us miserable that the snowblower doesn't work, and I have a rockin' husband who couldn't be any cooler if he were [insert famous hot guy you like here].

P.S. - I am, once again, regularly taking my meds. Thanks, my name is Syl.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Nice to get an update, Syl, & hear how y'all are doing. Glad to hear you're recovering, hope the kids feel ok over the weekend & that the car keeps starting!