Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 - that's SO last year...

Thanks again AKJ for allowing us schmoes to copy your content...

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Experienced natural childbirth, became a working mother.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I generally only resolve to try to be stronger, etc. Who knew I was actually already knocked up on New Year's Eve last year?
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Uh, me.
4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandmother with Alzheimer's was finally released in August. I actually went to several funerals in 2006.
5. What countries did you visit? The United Kingdom of Sleeplessness.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? More time to myself, more sleep.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Meimei's birth, January 2 when I went back to work and figured out I was pregnant again.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving a pregnancy, surviving a serious depression for the last 6 weeks of said pregnancy, surviving a small surgery only two weeks after, getting in three months of breastfeeding. Sometimes surviving is the achievement.
9. What was your biggest failure? Continuing to have to battle my depression, continuing to have to worry about it and keep falling down with it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Gall Bladder attacks that lead to having it removed. Blood in my urine that turned out to be nothing, but only after several tests, one that was quite uncomfortable. I also consider pregnancy an illness and/or injury.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Brand new kitchen appliances.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Kitten's. She is too funny.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mark Foley, President Bush, my own occasionally.
14. Where did most of your money go? Daycare.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Kitten's milestones, Meimei's milestones, buying a new house.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Jackson - Johnny Cash and June Carter. Kitten's a Cash fan, we watched a lot of "Walking the Line", listened to "At Folsom Prison" quite a bit.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I'm actually in the same boat with happy/sad as last year, waiting to go back to work and worrying about money, daycare, etc., but excited to go back at the same time. But definitely fatter.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Spent time outside with Kitten.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Incubating Meimei. But what are you gonna do?
20. How will you be spending Christmas? We have made a commitment to spend the next several years, at least for Christmas morning, at home so the kids can have what we had as children.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? With my Meimei, yes.
22. How many one-night stands? Never had one.
23. What was your favorite TV program? I've gone through quite a few that I'm now over.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate last year? I don't really hate anyone. But I am even more tired of Paris Hilton than I was before, if that's possible.
25. What was the best book you read? Go to Bed, Fred, and Pajama Time. I don't get to read adult books much.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Music? Does the Sesame Street Intro count? I don't recall listening to anything else much.
27. What did you want and get? New appliances. New house. Selling my house in 9 days.
28. What did you want and not get? More time for myself. More sleep.
29. What was your favorite film this year? The only one we saw in the theater, I think, was Running With Scissors, which was very strange, but some parts we absolutely laugh-out-loud, fall-out-of-your-seat funny.
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I was 32, my daughter was three days old, but we did manage to get dinner.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Giving birth to a child that automatically slept through the night.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept for 2006? I did find a couple of cute maternity tops...
33. What kept you sane? Kitten, Pants, my mom, my friends, my blog.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Nigel Barker
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Iraq. The elections.
36. Who did you miss? Everyone at some point. I don't get out a lot.
37. Who was the best new person you met? I don't know that I actually met anyone really this year. Again, don't get out much.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Some days, it's enough to just put one foot in front of the other and make it to bedtime. Some days, it's enough to just get through it without losing your temper or your mind. Some days you can do it with grace, some days, you just do it.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Life ain't always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride. -Gary Allen

No comments: