Saturday, January 06, 2007

Working Girl

So I've put in a whole (partial due to holiday, actually) work week without major mishap. Kitten is hoarse from the screaming, which is in turn a reaction to being over-tired and dealing with the change. But Meimei is doing quite well and is perfectly content.

And me? The sheer glee with which I returned to work surprised even me. After several bad nights of sleeping because of the kids, I was still up and rarin' to go. Let's get dressed, let's go to daycare, Let's go to work! Yay! I know that I was not cut out to do daycare. Can you imagine multiplying my kids by 5 and trying to get everyone through the day? It haunts my nightmares.

But my job? Love it. I got to pull audit evidence yesterday (that was due yesterday, even though my boss was notified 2 1/2 weeks ago). It got dumped on me because I have little or nothing to do except what is pushed off on me because no one had time. And yeah, normally I hate audits, but I loved it. Sick, isn't it?

So, even though the company hasn't gotten the paperwork yet that shows I'm back, so I can't update my benefits, check payroll to ensure I'm going to get paid, or anything else having to do with payment or benefits, and even though I was kicked out of the Learning website so I can't finish any of the mandatory training until I get a password reset, and even though I lost half my stuff because someone moved into my desk and I just got my phone reinstated on Friday, I'm loving it.

6 comments:

Pusher said...

I think it's awesome that you're so happy to get back to work! Hopefully they'll get everything in order for you before the glee wears off.

What's a buppy?

Syl said...

I tried to link, but they don't have it up anymore at Border's Books.

Here's the story:
Kitten has never been attached to anything in her life - no blankie, no stuffed animal, no odd and embarrassing piece of clothing. We were Christmas shopping at Borders and had a tough time of it and when the lady at the counter asked if I wanted this Bradley Bear for Christmas for just an additional $8, I said sure, fine, throw it in. I figured I'd give it to one of the girls, but Kitten found it and has carried it around ever since.

So I bought two more right after Christmas when they were half price.

Syl said...

Oh, and since everything with fur is a puppy (except cats, which are JOEY!), we modified it to Buppy for less confusion later when we start to differentiate.

Allknowingjen said...

Well of course you are glad to be back! There is just something about having a set routine and a place to go that just makes starting the day easier.

I'd be mad if somone else had my desk though-eep!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

And you are the smart, smart woman for picking up the extras!!

Now, I've heard the advice to have two identical favorite blankies before, just in case, but I'd also heard it's a good idea to swap them so both get worn. That way no little one is suspicious or unaccepting when you pull out a new buppy or blankie to replace the missing one. So, you might want to put one of them into rotation just to get a little of the 'new' worn off, if you think she'd notice.

Also, I missing reading your posts more often!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the work thing. I know I could never survive doing in home daycare. I could handle the center work since there were other adults around to help when things got hectic. I guess that was also my ultimate downfall too though....