Sunday, January 28, 2007

Stuff that's dumb

Ah yes, it's the triumphant return of stuff that's dumb (the Non-Political Smear Ads edition)!

Heard on American Idol (I think): "I like to make sure I look good, it helps my confidentiality." Huh?

Children's clothing sizes - my 5 month old, a perfectly average-size child, is wearing 12 month clothing. But the dress for her baptism was a 6 month size and fit well, even just a touch big. At least some people can estimate better, although I freaked out when I looked at the tag, as it was shipped from Tennessee a few days before the event (don't ask, everything always gets more complicated than it should be).

Pants discovered a plywood door behind the opening to the well that is hinged on the top, but was in the open position. Don't you think that's something the previous owners might have mentioned during one of the, oh, FIVE meetings we had with them here in the house? "Oh, by the way, during the winter it gets BUTT COLD down here unless you close this little flap that you can no longer see when it's open. Just thought you might like to know."

On all the crime shows, everyone's house is so clean the detectives can easily see the stuff that's out of place. And it made me think, what if there was a crime in my house? Would they ever solve the crime? Would they be able to find the evidence amid the 3-week-old cheerios ground into the carpet?

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, Pumpkin, who doesn't stand out as being strangely sized compared to her peers, can often wear clothes that are marked younger than she is. I'm mean, there are still a few 18 month things that she's wearing at 29 months. But I think those are ones that happen to be sized big, as most of her stuff is 2T now.

Ah, when I go shopping now, it's easier to just bring along a pair of pants that fit her but are a little big and just compare to those. Saves a LOT of hassle.