Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Random Thoughts - Back to work edition

Meimei now sleeps every night in her crib. And last night? Slept from midnight until I had to wake her up. It's a shame, really, having to wake her. I should have stayed in bed.

The children are apparently taking to daycare very well. Mavis (not her real name) says how good they are each day, how advanced Meimei is for her age, how Kitten gets along so well with the other kids. I think she hides my children in the basement and just interacts with their robot clones all day.

Everyone keeps asking if it was hard to go back to work. The answer is no. I like my job, and it's sometimes nice to be appreciated for what you do, instead of having Cheerios thrown at you like a common criminal. Don't get me wrong, I love the little bugs, I just was kinda getting stir crazy at home.

And stir crazy makes me spend money. And so we spent and spent and spent in December, and guess what? We have to pay three weeks of daycare for two small children before I get paid. Ow. This year's going to be rough, I think, between daycare, the higher mortgage (our taxes have been added back into the monthly payment), and things falling apart left and right. Oh, and all the new clothes for work, since I am 2 sizes larger than I was the last time I went to work not pregnant.

"So, last time you came back to work, you told me you were pregnant again. Anything you want to tell me?"
"Yeah. I went to the doctor and that won't happen again for a long time."
"Thank God."
"Amen, sister."

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Enjoy your non-kid time, with nobody else's nose to blow, butt to wipe or face to wash. Appreciate talking to other adults. Enjoy having long periods of time (by which I mean potentially more than 5 minutes) to do stuff without interruption.

:) Yeah, make the most of going back to work, and best of luck with the finances.