Monday, January 01, 2007

What's REALLY going on?

So here we are, before the sun rises on a new year. Not a creature is stirring in this house but me and Lewis Black on HBO. So what's coming for the year?

1. I rightly received a smackdown from Pants, who was reading a post I was writing and left up that was not terribly complimentary to him regarding the situation surrounding his lost cell phone. This year, I have promised not to post anything that I have not bitched to him about first.
2. I will work on bringing my lunch to work and eating out less in general. It is bad for us and costs too much money. It's generally just laziness (whenever I use that word, substitute: depression). It's going to be hard to make dinner at night for the family, but in the end it's usually quicker to make something simple like ravioli or mac & cheese than to wait for a pizza or go out and get something. So, screaming toddler be damned, I will attempt to make dinner and eat at home.
3. I will attempt to eat breakfast. This is more for my health than anything else and I can start a kettle of water or just put some in the microwave before I get up the girls to get dressed. Then I can just mix it with the instant oatmeal in a disposable cup and be out the door. No fuss, no muss.
4. I will attempt to make the best decisions possible whenever I can this year, not take the easy way out, stay strong when I want to be weak.

And that's it. A couple of specific items, but mostly just making wise decisions. If I fall down today, I can get back up tomorrow and keep moving on.

Those are my resolutions, these are my wishes. I will wish to make more good decisions than bad. I will wish at the end of every day for one more day to start over. I will wish for the wisdom to raise my daughters into women like those that I know and love today. I will wish for compassion and passion and happiness. And sleep.

Happy New Year to all of you. I wish you a year of wisdom and peace.

1 comment:

Allknowingjen said...

All very good things to be hopeful for...
Good luck with the transition back to the office!