Friday, January 26, 2007

Bush's real legacy

So, I'm watching Mysteries of the Smithsonian, and they are showing the Star Spangled Banner (yes, the actual one that inspired the poem/song), and the woman says that after September 11, they felt that they shouldn't remove the flag from the people, so they started restoring it in full view of visitors in it's own special room.

Only, I know she's full of crap.

On September 10, 2001, Pants and I were on the Mall in Washington, in the American History Smithsonian, watching them work on the Star Spangled Banner in a special room built specifically for restoring the flag in full view of the visiting public.

Would everyone please just stop invoking September 11 when it has no business in conversation?

3 comments:

Kashka said...

Of course, my conspiracy theory alarms started going off. Did the Smithsonian know something?

OK, need sleep.

sullenfish said...

Why are you interrupting my subservience with your truth?

Jaysan said...

If it wasn't for 9/11 I would be a millionaire! And a model with a male stripper's physique! And would have solved world hunger! And would have...And would have...And would have...