Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Riding the Q

Is it wrong to drop a NyQuil and do your taxes?

I have a raging, "it's eating my face" sinus infection, so I am home on the couch, taking NyQuil and an antibiotic and wating for them to kick in. So this will either get really funny or just tragically wayward.

I was watching CSI Miami on A&E, but as soon as I got into it, the sound started skipping. This does not appear to be happening on any other channel, but this is one of the reasons I got rid of satellite. Why can't I just watch TV? I thought I could catch previous episodes of the Daily Show and Colbert Report through On Demand, but it appears that they only have clips from previous shows, not whole episodes. So I can't watch last night's shows, which hopefully were re: the State of the Union address. That is, until they play at their given times today, which I believe are noon and 7 p.m.

And how about that SOTU address? I didn't hear "I fucked up." What I heard was, "If you wait long enough, I'm sure you will see I am right." How is this any different from what we have been hearing for the last 7 years?

I do intend to do my taxes as far as I can with the paperwork I have. Which I don't think is much besides our W2s.

Okay, instead of getting funny, or even wayward, I'm just zoning out now. So I'm off until later, since it's been about 10 minutes since the last sentence.

6 comments:

Pusher said...

And that's why it's fine to take NyQuil before doing taxes — it's not like you'll manage to write anything on the little forms anyway.

Speaking of taxes, are you willing to be my personal tax person again this year? It won't be as bad this time -- just the two W2s, and no self-employment! Would you like me to send a menu again? :-)

sullenfish said...

"If you wait long enough, I'm sure you will see I am right."

He's like an abusive spouse in a failed relationship, and Lieberman keeps swearing that black eye is from a doorknob...

Allknowingjen said...

How bad am I? I don't even bother to watch him anymore. It just hurts my head and it's bad for my bloodpressure.
Do you know how to do corp. taxes?!? you know, when you are not on the sauce?

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! And it's find to do taxes while on the Q, as long as you check them after the Q has worn off, prefferably when you're feeling better.

We ususally don't watch him either, AKJ. For the same reasons.

Syl said...

What can I say, I've been ill and was too sick to turn the channel.

I will take any and all tax comers. I will also take menus. Pusher, since you only have two W2s, I won't request risotto again. I think it was a fair trade last year.

AKJ, are you incorporated?

Pusher said...

Risotto is no problem! It's so much easier than math.