Monday, September 18, 2006

Hanging out

Me and meimei here, just hanging out. Went to the doctor today and got the rest of the tape taken off. Not even a lot of adhesive leftover, they came off pretty clean. He said I was healing pretty well (actually, he said I was a "good healer") and that I could do whatever I want in 5 more days. But he made sure to tell me that my body would let me know if I was pushing it too far and to remember that I had been stabbed 4 times and was still healing, although I would be off official restrictions. Comforting.

Meimei is nursing well and has not had formula since yesterday morning, which was only because I was sleeping. So I think we're back on track. And she pooped today and got a bath, so no more stinky baby.

My projects for the day were to go to the doctor (which I almost didn't do because I woke up late and nearly missed my appointment), give Meimei a bath, and move Kitten's clothes to her dresser, which is currently half done.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, I plan to unpack at least one box from the basement and work on Meimei's announcements, which of course, never were finished while I was home for a month before she was born. Sad. And hence, the list, ala Ms. Huis, for accountability this week.

2 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Add to your list:
- continue healing
- taking it easy
- put feet up
You still have 5 more days, mom lady.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ah yes, the accountability... I better go get some fruit! :) I agree with AKJ on the don't-push-it piece, but good luck with the box and working on the announcements! Glad to hear Meimei smells better, too!