Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random Thoughts

I will be picking lint-covered adhesive off my skin for the next month. Two sets of EKG patches, three IVs (long story), a giant pressure bandage on my abdomen, tape marks from blood draws, and soon-to-be three smaller patches on my abdomen, once those get removed. I finally got my arm cleaned off today from the IVs. I think there is still a patch on my back from the (failed) epidural.

Meimei would be perfectly happy if she could crawl up and adhere herself to my neck. As long as food came out of it occasionally.

Kitten is now officially stringing two word combinations together. Mama bye and Daddy here. And good god is that kid smart. She was so excited today when she was sifting through the Tupperware cabinet, found a large cup and figured out how the lid went on and that it went to that particular cup.

4 comments:

Kashka said...

Re: the 3 IVs -- was it someone's "first stick of the day"?

And, re: the three little holes they used to get your gall bladder out, isn't that some amazing medical shit? Yeah, there's more impressive stuff they can do now, but they took one of your semi-vital organs out through a tiny hole.

Allknowingjen said...

Maybe you should try to use those patches like velcro... stick a burp cloth here, a nuk there... it could work.

I read another blogger that taught her 5 yr old how to start a pot of coffee. You should consider adding that to Kitten's repertoire.

Gee, I am full of helpful advice. OR full of something.

Syl said...

IVs? Dehydration. I had one from Meimei, one in a really bad place because it was the only place they could get it in, and one from having them move it when they decided to schedule surgery the next day. Having an IV in the same veins you would slash to kill yourself is incredibly painful. Who knew?

I have four "stab wounds," as they affectionately call them, one for the camera, one for some kind of draining/sucking/cutting implement, and two for the fondue forks that stabilize the organ while they drain it and cut it from the surrounding stuff. Then they use the forks to fish it out. Mmmm.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Dang! Miracles of modern medicine there. Who knew fondue forks would be so important and useful? :)