Monday, October 16, 2006

I almost forgot...

I cannot forget to mention the half-border in our bedroom. That's right, the border they put up was cut in half first. We assume they bought some on clearance and didn't have enough, so they got creative. But, man, is it ugly.

Oh, and the fact that in both bedrooms there are cords coming up through slits cut into the carpet. Great job, dude, really professional.

I could go on, but I must stop or this could get much, much longer.

Did I mention the barn door track in the basement?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, are those cords for cable I hope...? Otherwise I'd be a little bit scared.

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Thank you very much! You see, this weekend, I had some intense miss-being-homeowners, miss-our-own-yard, etc. type feelings, and now, thanks to your post about the non-rosy side of homeownership, I am feeling MUCH better. I had forgotten about all the crap that comes with the good parts.

So, good luck with your vents and fixings, and thanks for reminding me about the warts of homeownership! :)

Jaysan said...

But I like the barn door track in your basement....

Jaysan said...

oooohh....You're barn door is open! Ha! I slay me!

Kashka said...

Did they put the waterline for your house in by hammering a whole through the foundation with a, no lie, HAMMER? Everytime I see something else half-assed in my house, I just think, "Well, at least they didn't hang the curtain rod WITH A HAMMER."

I can't wait to knock this dump down.

Syl said...

In the townhouse, they wired the over-the-range microwave by hammering a hole in the drywall, wiring a new outlet box to the existing one on that wall, plugging the microwave into the box, and THROWING IT BACK INTO THE HOLE. I'm sure that was code.