Saturday, October 21, 2006

News around the house

Kitten is walking! She is taking her first tentative steps last night and today, getting up on the rug in the livingroom (we assume because she has decided it's softer if she falls down) and then she walking over to the ottoman or to a toy or as far as she can until she loses her balance. Last night we were waiting at MIL's house for her to be done with her roof and siding estimate (storm damage, again), and Kitten saw something she wanted and just started walking down the hallway. I was holding Meimei and Pants just quietly started saying my name to get my attention to get me to look. She only made it about a third of the way down the hall before falling down, but it was a start. And today she spent about 20 minutes just getting up and walking and coming back to the rug to get up and walk again. The picture is blurry - action shot!

In other news, Kitten fell down the stairs on Thursday, so now I will have to carry her down the stairs until she is 3, as she won't go near them. She wasn't injured (except her pride), so it actually turned out to be an effective deterrent to her fascination with the steps.

Meimei is awake and aware a bit more now. She holds her head up pretty well for short periods and smiles and coos occasionally. She is still sleeping with me, mostly out of my own laziness because I can just feed her when she wakes up and sort of sleep through it. She does kind of have a problem sleeping by herself, so now that she is two months old, we will need to start transitioning her to her crib. I go back and forth on the reflux medicine, but we still don't have her insurance card, so it's a moot point until that comes. Thankfully, she, like Kitten did at this age, is sleeping from about midnight to 6 every morning. She's not as good of a day napper, but I can usually get her to go down while Kitten is down for a nap each day so I can get a shower in or get some things done around the house.

Kitten is doing much better with Meimei, all evidence in the picture to the contrary. She likes to hug and kiss her and doesn't push or get aggressive with her as much anymore. She says her name quite a bit and has twice tried to offer her own nukkie when Meimei is crying. Makes a mom want to get all teary.

I don't have cancer. At least not bladder cancer. I have had blood in my urine since I came home from my gall bladder surgery and after a couple of visits to my regular doctor, they have sent me to a urologist. The urologist has determined that I do not have cancer, which I was already pretty sure of. I had an abdominal CT on Wednesday and we are awaiting the results. People, this is nothing, the worst case scenario, has already been ruled out. I'm hoping this is all over before I have to have a tube snaked into my bladder, which is scheduled for November 9. Ick. No pictures of my bladder, you'll just have to use your imagination

3 comments:

Kashka said...

Goodness, they're darling.

Unknown said...

Makes me wish I was close enough to come and visit more often! Your girls are absolutely adorable!!!! I am glad worst case is ruled out, I hope they find out that it's something easy to fix for you.

Did you notice I'm on blogger now too? You'll have to come visit me again. I get done most days by 1 or 2 so I actually am finding time to check blogs more frequently. Yay for me!

Anonymous said...

Yikes. Whole new kingdoms available now that there's vertical and mobile at the same time!

That look Meimei's shootin' Kitten in the last photo is priceless.