Tuesday, October 17, 2006

I've been hacked!



I, too, have found my content scraped on Bitacle.org. (P.S. - Never perform a websearch on the word "buttcrack".)

Anyway, Bitacle, if you don't know, is scraping blog feeds from across the net and allowing users to "search" blog contents. It appears that they are bringing you to the blog, but they are not. They have stolen the content and you are never actually leaving their website. They are then surrounding it all with ads, making a mint off the ad revenue, and not sharing any of it with the content authors. With me. And couldn't we all use a little extra smack, if our material will generate funds?

So my website will change just a touch, adding a few items like the copyright symbol and the No Commercial Use of Content badge seen above. I'm flattered that I'm amusing enough to be scraped, but they can't make money off my work. If anyone's going to make anything off it, it's going to be me.

No comments: