Monday, October 16, 2006

Oh, the half-assedness...

Ms. Huis wants me to post about all the half-assed things in this house. Where does one start?

How about the bedroom that must be accessed through what we will call an "anteroom". Whose door is about 2 feet wide. Weird.

Or maybe the bargain basement patio doors that don't stay on the track. Or the matching set of black aluminum blinds upstairs that all work backwards. And black? Not my first choice. Doors are black too, must be where they picked up the color scheme.

Or the three sides of what is actually quite nice steel siding, and the inexplicable 70s front on the house, which I believe is actually painted plywood. And the garage doors that are a different color., which was obviously intentional, but truly tacky.

Or the dishwasher hose that runs through one of the cabinets to reach the disposal.

And, oh, there are so many more. And because we know the history of the house, we actually know about several of the half-assed things that they actually fixed before attempting to sell. Someday I will tell you about the powder room in the basement...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Sounds like they did some lovely handiwork. I must say I'm glad that our house is new because if anything is half assed it's us who did it. Oh, except the fact that all of our pipes except the main water line are all plastic. Can you even tap into a plastic pipe to add another plastic pipe for an ice dispenser in our fridge?

Jaysan said...

Cinj, as long as the "plastic" pipes are actually PEX tubing, you are good to go. You can easily buy a T connection (at most home improvement stores), cut the tubing, and insert the T and some more PEX to run to your fridge.

Syl, someday, someone much like you and I are going to look at my house and ask why I did things half-assed too.

Syl said...

Yeah, we would have been truly sorry about the stuff in the townhouse if the lady who bought it hadn't been such a freak show.

Anonymous said...

Thanks jaysan, unfortunatley it's not even pex, it's that stuff with all the gray lines on it. I guess there goes any ideas of adding my ice dispenser unless I run a complete new line all the way across the basement.

We may have done a few half ass things in our houses, but it's not like something majorly stupid or anything, in fact I don't think any of them are even visible.