Saturday, October 07, 2006

Stuff that's dumb

Michelle Bachman commercial where she says that being in Congress means making the hard decisions, immediately after saying she will put all bills raising taxes to a public vote. I guess you don't want to make THAT hard decision.

Bringing up Monica Lewinski as an answer to Mark Foley. Um, yeah, she was a legal, consenting ADULT. Not so much with the Page. Nice try, Sean Hannity, but you can't make this a democrat problem.

Bringing up allegations against a democrat regarding a Page from 1983. Yeah, that wasn't 23 years ago. Roll again, Sean.

Using the shower when you know it leaks. Brilliant, Syl, brilliant.

Double strollers. They are either WAY too heavy and unweildy or you can't put an infant in them until they are at least 5-6 months old. No good way to motor 2 kids around, really.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See a lot of double strollers around here. They tend to be of the side-by-side variety, but Bill & Ted's is a brand name (expensive!) that I've seen in which one is slung underneath the other one. 'Course I've only seen them in shops and catalogue, not in actual use. When I was at a child care center, we had some long doubles we could use with the really little ones because the seats could recline. Those worked well.

I suppose while Meimei is bitty, you could maybe put her in a Baby Bjorn carrier or sling and put Kitten in the stroller?

Or just not leave the house, but that way lies insanity...

Jaysan said...

I did see a couple with a tandem stroller, older in the front and the infant car seat attached into the back Upper stadium seat. Looked posh!

BTW, stop listening to Hannity!

Syl said...

I have a double, but use the sling for now.

And the Hannity clips were on The Daily Show.

Anonymous said...

You really could have stopped after "Michelle Bachman." I mean, (paraphrase) "I wasn't hiding in the bushes! My feet just hurt!" and (direct quote) "Literally, if we took away the minimum wage—if conceivably it was gone—we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level ... I had wondered, if most employers are doing this anyway, isn't minimum wage just superfluous? Why do we even have one?"

In fact, I'm going to go drop another donation to the Wetterling campaign. Thanks for reminding me.

The Dude said...

Michelle Bachmann is six different kinds of crazy.