Sunday, May 20, 2007

Holy clothes, Batman!

Went to a clothing exchange last night and OMG! Got rid of some of the stuff I didn't wear (or shouldn't have been wearing). I got sweater cardigans, tops, t-shirts, jeans, skirts! And it was all FREE! FREE, I TELL YOU!

Egad, I am excited.

Plus, a bonus inspiration - a girl showed up with 4 bags of clothes, size 20 down to 12, because she had lost 80 pounds. She woke up one day and her fat pants didn't fit and she decided to fix it. And she took up running and started eating right. I'm hoping for that moment to come, but in the meantime I'm considering taking up running, too. It started with an article in People about people who have lost over 100 pounds, and one said she had done this program to start running and got hooked. I'm still mulling it over, but I'm getting closer.

3 comments:

Happy Veggie said...

I say go for it. Just invest in good shoes and take care of your body. You don't want to pay with joint issues later on.

ShoNuff said...

Good shoes definately important. I never enjoyed the running but if you are doing it for results, few things work as well, and you don't have to spend lots to try it.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

That plan looks... well, I can't exactly say tempting, but I can say possibly do-able. Maybe we'll have to both agree to give it a try and be distance running-buddies and keep up each other's spirits and determination...