Monday, May 07, 2007

Uses for Oxy Clean

I love Oxy Clean. Every asks, "What do you use it for?"

  1. Soaking plastic bibs - they all have this cottony, ribbony edging that gets really gross, but the Oxy Clean takes out the stains in just a few minutes.
  2. And it cleans the sink while I soak them. Even the coffee stains embedded in the stainless around the drain.
  3. When the toilet was broken and the water sat in the tank for months and months, it stained the tank. A little Oxy Clean and a scrub brush took it right off.
  4. I used it to wash the plastic picnic table that we got (free) - took all the dirt right off it.
  5. I burned a cream soup onto the bottom of the pan. Let it soak with water and Oxy Clean. I had to go back in 10 minutes and take a layer off and let it soak some more, but then it all came off with a minimum of scrubbing.
This shit can do anything. I have some shoes from when I was pregnant that are a little scummy (pregnant feet are sweaty, icky feet) and I'm going to try to clean the soles a bit with it.

Any other uses for Oxy Clean? Besides laundry?

2 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

What? Besides laundry? That is crazy talk. But I am going to try that bib thing...

Pusher said...

Huh. I've never used Oxy Clean. In fact, if asked I think I would have said it was a toothpaste, but now I think maybe that's Oxyfresh.