Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why not Hyde?

We were watching TV yesterday after we got home and Kitten was eating snacks and Meimei was eating her bottle and That 70s Show was on. And Kitten looked up and said, "Jackie." And then she said it again. Now, they had been talking about Jackie on the show, but clearly Kitten was listening.

Pants and I looked at each other in shock. "We should NOT be watching this." And I turned the channel to Sprout's Goodnight Show. It was so mind-numbingly, goobery childish that I jumped at the chance to turn the channel to Wheel of Fortune at 6:30.

So I don't think we'll be watching TV when we get home anymore. I can't take the Goodnight Show. And I can't subject Kitten to That 70s Show.

See, when I was little, I watched a lot of TV. I will never know how warped I am because of Three's Company. Hours and hours of Three's Company. And I can't let that happen.

3 comments:

Jaysan said...

MMMMMMMMMM...Chrissy was my favorite...

Allknowingjen said...

I know! Isn't the TV guilt the worst? sigh. I feel really bad when she claps along with the Oprah studio audience. Not bad enough to turn the channel or anything, but you know, still bad. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just try to make sure if I watch anything with my kids it's not something I'd be embarrased to have my children say at school. I don't watch any shows with violence, swearing, or nudity when they're awake. (That's why we don't watch many movies still) Some shows are alright to watch with kids though. I mean there are worse shows that That 70's show. You'd be surprised by how many kindergarteners know swear words. Some of them even use them in the proper context! It's sad that some parents don't even think about these things while they're watching their cable tv.