Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Biggest Loser?

I have never watched "The Biggest Loser" before. But there was nothing on tonight and I didn't feel good, so I turned it on.

First of all, I don't know if there is any way on this green earth that I would get up in front of the world in a sports bra and stretch shorts. On TV.

Second, I am horrified that some of those women are at or around my weight. ACK!! I'm FAT!! I'm Biggest Loser FAT!! I never think of myself as fat, at least not until I see pictures, but dear god, those women are fat. And they're ME.

Last year, AKJ said "Ass: you are on notice." And she kicked it.

Well, AKJ, you are now my inspiration. So here goes:

Stomach: you are on notice. I am tired of camouflaging you, excusing you, binding you in, and denying your existence like the elephant in the room. You are sapping my energy and making me ugly. So consider this your written notice - your days are numbered.

6 comments:

ShoNuff said...

Best of luck.

In answer to your question in other blogs comments... Yes, I can tear down walls. I can also do it the hard way or the easy way...

Allknowingjen said...

Woo hoo! Eviction notice! :) You can do it!
I've never watched BL before either, but I saw the one last week (though I missed tonight) the pairs thing seems better (read:more interesting) to me than the team set up. I could not believe how much weight some of them lost in one week! It was crazy, hopefully that slowed down this week?
#1- I completely agree! I won't leave my house in just a sports bra, let alone appear on TV.
#2 - Me too, me too, I know.
#3- Still kicking going on over here (and some stalling and flopping, but mostly trying to kick.) I have a stubborn ass.

Allknowingjen said...

need inspiration? read www.pastaqueen.com- she has amazing photos and she's lost a ton of weight. She has a weird post up about american gladiators right now, but I really like how honestly she writes

Happy Veggie said...

OOo.. we can serve our tummies eviction notices at the same time. That's my goal with the weight loss this year.
I actually really like BL. I wish I had time to take off weeks so that I could exercise non stop and change my lifestyle. If I wasn't nursing, I've seriously considered applying... maybe.
About the weight thing, I wonder how tall some of those people are. If they told, maybe the weight wouldn't seem so... like me.

Pusher said...

If you ever need anyone to yoga/Wii with, call me up. Unlike most boys, I will probably never get any better at Wii, which makes me a valuable coplayer. :-)

And I promise I've gotten over the days where "exercise partner" meant "somebody to talk you into going to DQ instead of the pool." (Man, when water aerobics overload hit, it hit HARD.)

Anonymous said...

I've watched BL a few times. It scares me that I'm almost in that range too. And no, I would never go anywhere wearing those things, let alone let all of the viewing public see my weight. No thanks! I'm embarrassed enough about it.

No resolutions for me, but I am going to try to loose some serious weight this year myself. Good luck! I've have several friends who are doing quite well with Weight Watchers. Maybe if I had some extra spendable cash I'd consider joining.

Good luck! I wish we lived closer, we could have set up a walking club or something.