Sunday, January 13, 2008

I think I broke my ass

Ow.

I went skiing with Pusher and Puck today, but the combination of my natural grace, the recent thaw and refreeze, and the lack of recent snow, makes me nearly certain I broke my coccyx.

You see, the snow is very hard and icy today, and when one's huge-ish ass goes airborne briefly and then WHUMP!s down on the icy ground so hard it can be distinctly heard at least 30 feet away, it spells B-R-O-K-E-N.

The worst part is going to be explaining the donut pillow at work tomorrow.

4 comments:

Pusher said...

You are so totally my hero for not just turning around and walking back to the rental place after that fall. Hope you're managing to sit okay today.

Anonymous said...

Yooowww! I hope you had fun at least. I haven't been skiing since I was in high school. Why? Lack of coordination mainly, also lack of money, but mostly lack of coordination. I thin CC is more my style, but I haven't done either. You know I'm not very athletic.

Syl said...

It's mostly just sore today.

Happy Veggie said...

Ow. Just the thought makes me cringe. I'm waiting for some fresh powder before I go out.