Sunday, January 20, 2008

Toe news

Warning: this post contains toe pictures. Those who do not wish to see toes should not scroll down.

So, I'm now crutchless and just hobbling around on my broken toe, hoping I don't stub it, put any weight on it, or bend it wrong. And that it doesn't get stepped on by tiny toes.

If I had it to do over again, I don't think I would go to the doctor's office for it. I was pretty sure it was broken about 20 minutes after it happened. I knew they would just tape it to the next toe. I could have avoided the crutches, as I probably wouldn't have needed them even the first night if I hadn't driven myself to the clinic on my broken toe. And the drugs haven't been that essential, I've been taking them before bed only because they're there.

I tried to find my hiking stick for some extra support on the icy sidewalks and roads here, but I can't seem to locate it. I looked for a cane at CVS, but they only had super-ugly metal ones. Whatever, I guess I don't probably need one.







************ Toe alert*************







Still, the thing that really surprised me was the bruising:

6 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Thanks for the warnings, it's best to be prepared, but you have twee little baby feet! I had no idea.

Anonymous said...

Ow! I know all about avoiding little ones when you're injured. Somehow it seems that they hone in on injuries and "attack" them. At least you only have a couple of them to worry about.

On the bright side, it looks like you keep your toenails nice and short. You should see Cheesehead's, his toe nails are longer than my finger nails! EWW.

Happy Veggie said...

You have the cutest toes. My monkey toes are jealous.

Syl said...

I do have little feet. It's clear my kids got their feet from their dad.

Pusher said...

I'm kind of surprised the bruising isn't even worse, especially considering how fair you are. And hey, you got the good drugs, so I say the clinic visit was worth it. :-)

Anonymous said...

you should have labeled it 'Hot Toe Alert'!