Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Full Resolution Post

So, I'm feeling really ready this year to tackle some things. I feel emboldened (like a terrorist) to make some leaps. So here are my plans.

  • We got a Wii and I want to use it to work out a little bit. Pants and I boxed the first night and I was sweating like a pig.
  • I also want to do some yoga. I seriously need some stretching.
  • I plan to journal more. Or at all. I've missed it and need to get at some deep stuff.
  • I plan to de-nuk this household. The girls only use them for bed here, and never at daycare, but it needs to end.
  • I plan to stop using my credit card.
  • I plan to lose 20 lbs., but I'm not sure yet how that's going to happen. I guess I have a year to figure it out.
  • I plan to work on my relationship until we aren't strangers anymore. Since we had kids, it's not that things are bad, it's just that we've become more like... roommates. I want to get back to our relationship.
  • I plan to evaluate situations individually and realistically and make smart decisions based on actual facts, not on what I think I should be doing. Hmmm, not sure how we'll measure that one.

And, as always, those are my resolutions, these are my wishes. I will wish to make more good decisions than bad. I will wish at the end of every day for one more day to start over. I will wish for the wisdom to raise my daughters into women like those that I know and love today. I will wish for compassion and passion and happiness. And sleep.

2 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Oh, LOVE your wishes!

Anonymous said...

Ditto. Good resolutions too.