Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Under Construction

I'm doing some work here for the new year, so please excuse my dust.

Additionally, since I am a being under construction, here is a list of the work I will be doing this year on myself:
  • Lose 20 pounds. This is 10% of my body weight, which many doctors say this is enough to lower your risk factors in several categories.
  • Nukkie-free household.
  • Return to journaling - and blogging doesn't count because there are things I won't say here.
  • Make it through the year without putting another small purchase on a credit card (a major purchase, like a washer and dryer, is a different story).
  • Get reacquainted with my husband.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Best of luck with all your resolutions!

Not that my girls have gone for any pacifiers other than Mom (which in itself is a hassle sometimes), Mary P. from "It's Not All Mary Poppins" talked about her technique for getting rid of "soothers" not that long ago. I was struck by how it seemed... less of a power-struggle? more child-centric while getting the parents' goal met? a relatively easy way to get it gone? *shrug* I don't know, never having had to deal with it, but here's the link, if I can make it work...

http://daycaredaze.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/the-comfort-station-soother-weaning-101/

If that doesn't go, find her on my sidebar links, and on her site on the right side bar down lower you can find the category "soothers and pacifiers." It's the post titled "The Comfort Station: Soother-weaning 101"

You may already have an idea of how you want to get rid of them, or decide hers isn't for you, or you and your daycare might have come up with a plan already, or whatever but I think it's definitely worth a read. Anyway, good luck!

Syl said...

Oh goodness, she's brilliant. Kitten and Meimei only get their nuks in bed now, though, so I'm not sure what to do about removing it at bedtime.

Anonymous said...

make sure that your camera is charged up, cuz we will want proof of accomplishment for ALL of your resolutions.