Monday, November 20, 2006

Anyone know a good plumber?

Well, the furnace debacle is pretty much over, my having convinced Pants that the banging was a non-issue. I don't know what was up with the power cutting off, but oh well. It hasn't happened since.

However, Pants figured out yesterday when I ran Meimei a bath that it's the faucet that's leaking upstairs. We thought it only happened when we took showers, but apparently it's whenever we run the bathtub faucet, so we have to get it fixed ASAP. It's the only tub in the house and while Meimei can get a bath in the sink, Kitten's a bit big for that. And more than a bit mischievous.

Appliances are on sale again on Saturday and I think I'm going for it. If we have to call a plumber, we might as well have a new dishwasher hooked up at the same time. And the ice maker. We tried hooking up the ice maker ourselves in the old house and flooded the kitchen several times. We never got it working.

In the meantime, I'm working on getting through the laundry and getting stuff on the walls. I hope to get the cabinet and wall hangings done in the bathroom downstairs today. Dining room is done and I'm still working on the wall space above the TV in the living room, but I screwed up my measurements and I'm trying to decide what to do, so I'm stalled out until I figure it out. I should know better not to try to hang four item symmetrically - nothing ever works that well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We used Bonfe's for our plumbing issue. They are pretty awesome!!