Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ladybug Infestation

Halloween at Syl's house was a bust - we didn't get one trick-or-treater. So now we have butt-loads of candy and no will power. I can resist the Bottle Caps, but the Snickers with almonds? Not so much.

So the girls were ladybugs again this year. It's a good thing Halloween isn't on November 4, Meimei may not have fit into this bunting.

Kitten is walking all over the place, constantly making laps around the kitchen all day. Unless I am feeding Meimei or would like to be otherwise engaged, in which case she will stop whatever she is doing and want to be held.

We did Christmas pictures today and we actually got one of them together that will work. Kitten's 18-month pictures turned out great, of course, as they always do, with almost all being exceedingly cute and only a couple looking a little gorky. Meimei was not so lucky, however, and I think I will have to take her back in and have hers done again for her 3-month shots.

And yes, Kitten is crying on my leg while I tell her to say cheese for the camera. She doesn't like stuff on her head. Winter should be fun.

5 comments:

Jaysan said...

So next year, there will have to be three ladybugs!

Allknowingjen said...

Cute bugs! It makes me want to sing the ladybug picnic song.

Anonymous said...

...aargh, AKJ! I will now have that song in my head for the next three months!

So what does one do in winter to keep the toddler who won't wear hats from freezing? Will you have to get the kind with strings under the chin and tie them to her head?

Unknown said...

Adorable little bugs!

Um, good luck with the velcro on hats, they don't stay on once they figure out a way to get them off since they're hateful and usually scrape the chin. I'd have her try some on. She most certainly won't leave it on if it's in her eyes or bothers her in any way. I should know, I've worked with toddlers for 5 years. Sometimes the hoods on their jackets work for a while, they are some times a little harder to figure out than regular hats. Have fun!

Jaysan said...

Staples, just make sure you get the ones that are long enough to actually grip in the skull, but short enough that they don't actually penetrate the brain...