Saturday, November 18, 2006

Random Thoughts

I can handle the constant energy until she just drops like a puppy. I can handle the crankiness and even the whining when I know it's teething or hungry or tired. But when every vocalization to cross her lips is at volume 25, and by the end of the day I have to scrape her screams off my eyeballs, that is a long, hard day.

We actually have useable space downstairs. We had a fire today while Kitten was sleeping and we worked on it a little more. We think the main root of the heating problem down there now is the open access to the uninsulated well area, although I am still researching fireplace doors. Yeah, duh, that giant open area right under the stairs that's really cold? That one? That might be sucking all the heat out of the house. I also can't find a vent in the main room. Is that something I can add? With a suspended ceiling?

We are slowly getting the house together, putting things on the walls. And adding to the list of things that need to get done. Now we have to insulate the well and/or put in an insulated door, we've started removing the wall paper downstairs, we want to build in the bookshelves that are currently just the 70's bracket shelves, change out the carpet... It never ends.

No comments: