Thursday, November 30, 2006

We're all getting fat

Except Kitten, she's dropped some weight since the walking took off. I also took the RealAge test and took the test for Kitten's future RealAge and saw immediately some room for improvement. And Kitten is getting much more interested in the TV now, so it's time to start controlling that monster.

So, ala Ms. Huis, I am setting some goals for the month of December:
  • TV goes off at 11:00 a.m. and stays off until at least 5:30 p.m., unless Kitten is napping. This will reduce my stress, I think, and generally keep the TV off even during naps due to my usual laziness.
  • Kitten will eat at least 3 fruits and vegetables daily, and so will I. I have recently found frozen, microwavable single servings of corn and broccoli with cheese, and these are actually kind of nice as a snack. Kitten still gets most of her vegetables from Gerber, as she won't eat formed vegetables, and certainly won't let anything green pass her lips. That does leave us with all of the orange vegetables, however, and that should be alright.
  • I will eat breakfast daily, and that does not consist of Caribou Coffee bars. I have cereal, for crying out loud. Kitten already eats breakfast daily, she would not have it any other way. Aren't kids amazing, eating when they're hungry and stopping when they're not?
  • I will pick up a case of water tomorrow and drink at least two bottles per day. Kitten will only drink water from the bottles now, so this will help her water intake too.
  • We will go to an actual mall twice in December where I can put her on the leash and let her roam and walk a little bit more than normal - she is usually strapped in a cart. We will also go to Underwater World at MOA this month, as I have been meaning to because she is so thrilled by fish and my time at home is running out.
A little too ambitious? Probably. We'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Hey, congrats on the goals. And no wimpy single goal for you, Syl, but a whole slew of 'em. Yay for you!

I bet she'll love Underwater World! And yay for leashes! :)