Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Change in plans

We've decided the following:

We will not do the bedroom, we will only fix the closets. I can't move the bar in Pants's closet to mine, the closets aren't the same size. But I did find out that there is a piece I can buy to attach to my stupid little closet squares and fit a sliding rack, so not everything has to be scrapped out of my closet.

We will not buy a new shed. Pants will strip the current shed down to the 2x4s and recover it with new plywood and shingles. One day, we will replace it with something just a bit larger. We will also clean out the shed BIG TIME and get rid of all the trash left by the previous owners.

Pants is cleaning out the garage this week so he can have a poker party this weekend for his birthday. It looks really good and is a nice start to getting the garage stripped and insulated, which will happen throughout the summer. We also have to wire some new lights in there before the insulation and drywall goes up. Insulating the garage will help the house insulation quite a bit, as the closet back wall is just drywall. No insulation. Just drywall. No wonder it's cold.

I am taking next Friday off to paint the house. Or at least get a start on it. I have to get the garage doors cleaned, patched and primed first. Then it's off to the races. Isn't it?

1 comment:

Pusher said...

This is why I don't like lists. It seems like so much when it's all in one place like this! Do you plan on heating the garage at some point?

Good luck with the house painting! What color is it going to be?