Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Itchy

I'm dying to buy something today. Had a dream last night that I was shopping through L.L. Bean for garden tools, which gave me the bright idea to use my giftcard to buy garden tools at www.llbean.com. They only have one, but it looks pretty cool.

Anyway, I was also looking at land for sale last night and I think this is what has me really itchy. I found a piece I want. 10 acres. Creek running through a corner of it. Heavily wooded, no buildings. Private. Perfect for camping. Put a quaint little prefab one-room thing on it with a wood stove. It's killing me.

So I have spent the whole day trying to figure out how to buy it and it just doesn't work. Not with daycare. And I've been dying to buy something else. Anything. Went to Target, but I held out. Now I'm in for the night, thank God. Ooh, I want to buy something.

On the brighter side, I checked my pension and my 401k and I have a lot of money. Yay! And we are doing alright and should be able to buy a piece of land in a year or two if we stay on track.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, sometimes when I get like that, I go on Amazon.com and add things to my wish list. Not as good as actually getting, but still kind of fun...

Pusher said...

You went to Target while you were jonesing for some buying and you left empty-handed?!? You are a ROCK.

Allknowingjen said...

Dittos for both Mrs H and Pusher. I love sites that have wishlists. That spot you found sounds lovely!