Friday, April 06, 2007

30 days

I decided. I will not buy anything for 30 days except the essentials: food, toiletries (toothpaste, diapers, etc.), parking only if it means we will be late if we don't park at the far ramp, mother's day gifts.

I will not buy:
Clothing for the children
Body wash (don't ask, I've developed a fetish)
Clothing for myself
The super-hot boots I was going to buy tomorrow
Anything for the house (including blinds, patio table, paint, light fixtures, etc.)
Books
Magazines (gulp!)

I do plan on spending a small amount on charity for a baby-supply drive they are doing at work for a women's shelter. Occasional food outings will not count because it's food. So.

Now that I told all of you, I feel like I have to. But I'm counting today as the start day because I didn't buy anything.

April 6 through March 4. Here we go. Stay tuned for much discussion on what might or might not count.
d

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Not to be unsupportive or anything, but I may need to see the super-hot boots to make a better ruling. This *is* a good time of the year for boot bargains- so if it's a really good deal... well it might be worth it. That's all I am saying. I should shut up.

I am sure your blogging about this will be much more entertaining than the book I am reading about it. It suuuucks.

Allknowingjen said...

That is not disappointing at all! In fact, I think I know the ones you are talking about (or similar). The good news is that FF doesn't exactly rotate footwear frequently, so those boots aren't going anywhere. Not that you need them- you totally kick ass anyway.
good luck with your 30 days!

Pusher said...

...Now I kinda want to go to Fleet Farm and check out their boots.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Best of luck. I hear you on the "now you all know, so I gotta" impetus of posting it on your blog!

(But I might have to buy some body wash myself 'cuz that sounds nice.)