Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Did you hear the thud?

At about 8:45? That was me falling off the wagon. Or hurling myself off. Whatever.

So here's what happened. I met some friends in Monticello this evening and I brought Meimei. She's still easy to travel with and it leaves Pants with only one. I knew I was in for it when I left Pizza Factory, but I did it anyway, and of course, Meimei really needed to eat.

So we stopped in Albertville, the next exit up the road. I pulled through Burger King and got some water (and some cookies, just so I was buying something, you know). And then I did it. I mixed a bottle and brought her into Carters to feed her. I knew it was wrong and that I should just feed her in the car and be on my way.

But wait, I thought. There's new sprouts on the way and maybe I can just pick up a little something. Planned expense, you know. And best to get it at the outlet. But then their bench was right in front of the clearance table, which had winter jammies for $3.99. And Carter's jammies are the best. And $3.99 is unheard of. And they only have 3T, exactly the size I need for next year. Fate.

So I have the lady put two pair up at the register. And I pick something else out for one of the sprouts, and lo and behold, here is the cutest little outfit and the colors look so good on Meimei and it is so cute I almost got it for Sprout, and it's half off. Which isn't that much at the Outlets, but whatever. I'm binging, so it's all logical at this point.

So I bought two jammies for NEXT WINTER and a cute bubble outfit that Meimei will probably not wear this summer, for fear of sunburn. Damn. Back on the wagon tomorrow.

No comments: