Friday, April 13, 2007

Kidding myself

to think that I was not going to purchase People magazine for a month.

This item has officially been backed off the no-purchase list. Here are the new rules regarding magazines:
I will not purchase a magazine other than People.
I will purchase the magazine at Target, where they give you a percentage off the newsstand price.
I will not purchase anything else at Target. I will not even venture into the store. Straight to the checkout, grab People and pay, straight out.

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

You had me until you mentioned not buying anything else at Target. ;) Blasphemer.
Did you know that you can read most of People online? Or is it the easy celeb crossword puzzle that you must have?

Anonymous said...

Or, a subscription - if you're going to spend for it anyway, might as well spend less.

Syl said...

I've had subscription issues with them before. I will consider it, but it didn't work out before.

Anonymous said...

Kashka read my mind.

I figure that if I'm going to buy magazines anyway, I might as well pay 1/2 price or less for it.

Look up publishersclearinghouse.com they usually have pretty good prices on magazines. I renew some of my subscriptions through them because they can be cheaper than going through the publisher . I compare prices and then pick the cheapest place. The longer you subscribe to a magazine the cheaper it will cost per issue.

As long as we're on the subject of magazines, I already have my Child subscription through Nov 09. I was thinking about renewing already??? What am I thinking? Sorry, I don't think I'll be renewing just yet, so I won't get the free gift subscription I was asking you about. Maybe next time?