Saturday, April 07, 2007

30 day dilemma

Okay, I already have a dilemma. I was putting together the landscape kits and they're incomplete. So I am purchasing a couple more things for them. That's fine, right? It's not for me, right? Anyway, I'll try to spend as little as possible in order to finish. That makes it alright, doesn't it?

Also, if I have gift cards, those don't count as long as I don't go over, right. I mean, the money was already spent, and by someone else at that. So that's fine. Right?

4 comments:

Pusher said...

No, no, no. Here's how it works: You call me up and say, "Hey Pusher! How would you like to co-host Lanscapalooza? You would? Awesome. Here's what I need you to bring..."

See how easy that is? :-)

Allknowingjen said...

Pusher makes an excellent point! OR you could also say, "Hey Jen, it cost me $x to put this together for you so if you could chip in $x or so I would really appreciate it." No problem!

Part two is a little stickier. Are you not buying in order to be frugal? Or are you not buying as a personal challenge to try to wean yourself a bit from retail therapy? If frugality, gift cards are ok to use. If it's the later, sorry- no can do. I still get that shopping rush if I use a gift card...(sometimes even more so, since it's not my money. KWIM?)

Syl said...

Yes, you are correct, AKJ, it was a sorta sneaky way to get the rush. So no gift card buying.

And the landscape kits? Already done. I basically wrote that on the way out the door to OfficeMax. And it was more for the rush than for the items.

So what I'm dealing with is my shopping rush. I'm actually a shopping junkie. Ick. Just when you think you're sorta not nuts, you actually are nuts. Damn.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Syl, we're ALL nuts... just in different ways.